Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eggs

edited May 2015 in MI40 Questions
I was wondering what do you think about eggs. As probably a lot of you know, eggs are very rich in protein and they are very cheap, making them a very good food for fitness enthusiasts. But my parents and other persons told me that they are very bad for your health due to their high cholesterol levels. So, what do you think about them?

Comments

• The fact that their bad for your health is a mytg. Recent research shows that you can infact eat as many eggs as you want without worrying.
  • Eggs contain essential vitamins and minerals that benefit brain and heart health. Eggs do contain a lot of cholesterol, however, for most people, only a small amount of that cholesterol goes into the bloodstream. Saturated fat in a person’s diet has a greater impact on raising blood cholesterol levels than cholesterol in food. One large egg has only 1.6 grams of saturated fat. Compare that to one tablespoon of butter, which contains 7 grams saturated fat.

Along with providing 6 grams of protein, an egg is a good source of B vitamins, folic acid, and iron. Egg yolks also contain the nutrient lutein, which can protect against the progression of heart disease. The yolk contains nearly half of all the protein found in an egg and is one of the few natural sources of vitamin D.