Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rear delts

edited February 2015 in MI40 Questions
This area is on the top of my priorities list, but I am getting nowhere. I am currently doing pull ups, horizontal rows and dead lifts but I have no result to show for. Are there any better exercises that hit this muscles specifically?

Comments

• I started to do the rows with band resistance and I think it does make a difference, Initially I looped a band around a free weight and put my foot on the other end, with one knee on the bench. Then this guy showed me a variation using the band hooked to the cable machine, it works pretty good. I feel like it makes me work the muscle better because the move is more controlled with a constant tension. Similarly I started to do squats with a band and despite months of squats before the band I feel like the band does make a difference. At the very least it makes you mindful of your total body position, I don't feel like I am sticking my rear out as much as I did before the band and I am feeling it pull very tight in the back of my legs and gluts.
  • I heard about using band while training, but I am rather skeptical about it. Thinking about it, I believe it should have numerous positive consequences but I am old school when it comes to my work outs. I haven quite understood how to perform rear deltoid exercise with bands can you elaborate or post a link to a video or something.