Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cardio

edited May 2015 in MI40 Questions
I was told by someone that I souldn't do cardio after my weight training and that would be better if I do cardio on a separate day. I already knew that I shouldn't do cardio before my workout routine but what's the problem with doing a little bit of cardio after?

Comments

• Yes, this is a common advice for people who are trying to build muscle. From the sources I`ve been exploring it is better to do cardio pre workout so you could warm up your muscles and after workout just stretching. If I am not mistaken doing cardio after the workout somehow ruins your gains by increasing pumping your blood through your muscles.

But this all depends on what you are trying to accomplish when going to the gym. If you are trying to build some muscle then why do cardio at all, and if you are trying to lose some fat then doing both is just fine. It is important to note that you can either gain muscle by training and making a caloric sufficit or lose fat by making a caloric deficit. YOU CAN`T DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.
  • Whether you do cardiovascular workouts before or after your workout, it shouldn't make too much of a difference. These workouts tend to focus on burning fat in your body and target calories. This shouldn't affect the person's gains in muscle as long as they have healthy diet, but you can do whatever's comfortable for you.
  • Try to do schedule your sessions separate from your weight lifting program. So if you lift weights 4 times a week, then do cardio on the other three days that you're not lifting. Doing cardio on separate days than weight lifting ensures that you have the proper energy to perform your best in either your cardio or lifting session. If you cannot then do your cardio after your workouts at least.