Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are sugar substitutes safe?

edited May 2015 in Off Topic
I crave sweets from time to time. I’ve been trying out some of those artificial sweeteners. I can’t say that I like them. But, they do help ease the craving some. Are they safe to eat? let me know guys!

Comments

• Despite being promoted for weight loss, foods and beverages with artificial sweeteners have never actually been proven to help weight loss. When you eat something sweet, your brain releases dopamine and the appetite regulating hormone leptin, which informs your brain that you are full once a certain amount of calories have been ingested. When you consume something sweet but non-caloric like an artificial sweetener, your brain's pleasure pathway is still activated by the sweet taste, but there's nothing to deactivate it, since your body is still waiting for the calories. As a result, you may end up overeating.

I won't put anything that contains Aspartame in my body. Once the methanol created from aspartame is released into the blood stream the ADH that is in your body basically converts it to formaldehyde which can cause severe damage to your body.