Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to get bigger biceps?

edited March 2015 in Off Topic
I am 24yrs old fairly fit and healthy, with quite a good chest, which in turn makes my biceps look smaller. What exercises can I do to 'guarantee' bigger biceps, and does anybody recommend any supplements such as creatine? I am not a gym member so thinks I can do at home please, thanks!

Comments

• Biceps are reasonably small muscles, but they require 2-3 days of relax at least, if you motionless skill soreness in these muscles let them rest a quantity of more (there's no point in training a tired muscle,
  • Curls & Extensions. Beginners require compound exercises to build overall muscle mass, not isolation exercises. First large picture, then the details.

Common Mistakes to Avoid. The number one mistake is doing countless biceps curls & triceps extensions to build bigger arms. This works at the advanced level, but for beginners it is inefficient & counterproductive.
  • I would try increasing your weight and reducing your reps. You also have to look at your own physique. We all have different insertion points where our muscles connect to the ligament and bone. Some people have shorter insertion points, where they tend to build muscle more easily. If you happen to have long muscle insertions like a distant runner, you just have to work the muscle differently and it will take longer to see that muscle pop. You can Google it to better understand exactly what insertion points mean and perhaps some suggested workouts will be available to help you grow your biceps.
  • I use this website for ideas of different exercises, it's very helpful, and I also exercise at home.
    http://www.fitness.com/exercises/
  • There are not too many exercises you can do at home if you do not have the weights when working on biceps. If you have weights, you can work out your biceps doing curls but otherwise, your best option is to do pull-ups or curl something heavy.
  • The biceps or a small body part but you can bring them up with the right training. Try supersets, dropsets, or longer times under tension. Also you should get a really good stretch when you lower the weight, which causes more muscle activation. If you can handle it, try doing biceps twice a week and don't go too heavy, this isn't powerlifting.